Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Recruiting (not quite the right word - maybe Inviting)

Linda and I had the pleasure to talk to 700 Freshman Orientation Leaders today. It was great fun! We are hoping these leaders will talk to at least a few freshman who could be potential SUSTAIN-SLO participants. It is one of the many ways we are trying to get the word out about the initiative. We are trying both mass distribution (fliers) and concentrated events that we hope will demonstrate SUSTAIN.
We are participating in a Project Fair in a week and a half. As part of this we met with some community members to help them formulate their projects. One women asked me how the project fairs were run in the past. I told her this was the first time we have done this....that we are making it up as we go. I am not sure that engendered confidence in her! But, this is sure how I feel.
Back to the Orientation today. I forgot how much I like out students. I think I have been suffering this summer not interfacing with enough young people. I want to remember how much I like teaching as I am cramming to get ready for classes this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment